Warm Pork and Spinach Salad
A main dish salad with a variety of textures and flavors, this recipe will become a family favorite.
- 1 lb pork loin, boneless, cut into thin strips
- 1 lb fresh spinach, coarsely shredded
- 3 cups watercress sprigs
- 1 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green grapes, seedless
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 Tbs dry white wine
- 2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs sesame seed, toasted
- In small saucepan, combine Italian dressing, wine, mustard, and brown sugar; heat just until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly; set aside.
- Spray nonstick skillet with vegetable spray; stir-fry pork strips until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- In large serving bowl toss together pork, spinach, watercress, celery, grapes, green onion, water chestnuts and apple. Pour half of reserved dressing over salad; toss, garnish with sesame seed. Serve with remaining dressing and warm dinner rolls.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 95 (25%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.