Vanilla Yogurt Panna Cotta
In the creamy dreamy world of luscious desserts the panna cotta reigns as a melt-in-your mouth treat.
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin, carefully measured
- 2 Tbs cool water
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 cups whole milk vanilla yogurt
- In a small dish or ramekin measure the water and sprinkle the gelatin over the water in an even layer so it will be softened and bloom. In a sauce pan, heat the cream with the sugar and salt. Remove from heat and whisk in the yogurt.
- To dissolve gelatin, place ramekin with gelatin in a small pan of hot water. Immediately whisk liquefied gelatin into the yogurt mixture. Whisk well to fully blend together.
- Pour into 6 molds, ramekins or plastic cups and chill. You can unmold to serve or just let folks spoon it out of the cups. Nice with fresh berries, too.
Calories from Fat 132 (56%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(47%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.