Thai Yellow Curry with Veggies, Cashews and Tofu
This healthy makeover of traditional Thai yellow curry still tastes like it came from your favorite Thai restaurant.
- 2-3 cups light coconut milk
- 3-4 Tbs high-quality curry powder
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3-5 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 oz firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews, toasted
- 1/8- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 handful of cilantro, loosely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- A sprinkling of cardamom and a pinch of pepper
- Brown rice for serving
- Cut all your veggies. Saute the onion and 2 cloves chopped garlic in 1/2 tsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp curry powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Add the coconut milk to the onion mixture, bring to simmer and work out any clumps. Stir in the tofu and cook for a few minutes until the tofu has absorbed most of the flavors. Simmer the liquid on low heat until it has cooked down slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute the broccoli, asparagus, and pepper (or whatever veggies you use) with 2 cloves chopped garlic over medium heat. Add salt, cayenne, and remaining curry power/cumin and other spices to taste. Cook until veggies are crisp.
- Pour tofu/coconut milk mixture over veggies (in the pan) and stir to combine.
- Add additional spices as needed. Cook through for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cashews. Serve with brown rice.
Calories from Fat 153 (41%)
(27%)Total Fat 18g
(47%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
(55%)Dietary Fiber 14g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.