Texas-Style Egg and Potato Skillet
Smoked cheddar, bacon, and salsa make for a skillet breakfast that packs a wallop of flavor.
- 4 thick slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 med baking potato, diced (1/2-inch)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (or pico de gallo)
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 6 8-inch flour (or whole wheat) tortillas, warmed (optional)
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until edges begin to brown. Pour off drippings. Add potato; cook and stir until potato is tender and browned and bacon is crisp, 6–8 minutes
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Stir in salsa; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortillas, if desired.
Calories from Fat 128 (39%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.