Summer's Best Lobster Pasta
Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD
Lobster pasta salad makes an impressive dish for potlucks or barbecues.
- 12 oz dried farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 3 to 4 ears of corn)
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs chilled lobster meat cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the cherry tomatoes and corn and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add the lobster, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and the reserved pasta cooking water and stir together until heated through.
- Combine the cooked pasta and lobster mixture in a large bowl and drizzle with the melted butter.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 77 (17%)
(13%)Total Fat 9g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 59g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.