Spinach Egg Drop Soup
Spinach and Parmesan make for a slightly heartier version of traditional egg drop soup.
- 2 14 oz cans, ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat broth in large saucepan to simmering.
- Add spinach; cook 5 minutes. Add nutmeg. Adjust heat to maintain simmer.
- While gently stirring soup, slowly pour in eggs. Remove from heat immediately. Serve with cheese.
Calories from Fat 70 (53%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.