Spicy Pork Stir-Fry
Spicy is in the name but it doesn't have to be. With these versatile ingredients, season it to match your family's tastes.
- 3/4 lb boneless pork loin, sliced into 1/8-inch by 2-inch strips
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- In heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, place pork strips, chili powder, red pepper flakes and cumin; seal bag and shake to distribute spices. Stir together cornstarch, water and soy sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork strips and carrots to skillet and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add bok choy and red pepper to skillet; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add soy sauce mixture and walnuts; stir-fry 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve over rice or cellophane noodles.
Calories from Fat 79 (45%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.