Smoked Turkey, Ripe Olive and Lentil Salad
This salad is hearty and flavorful thanks to the satisfying combination of smoked turkey and lentils.
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs orange juice
- 2 1/2 Tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 shallots, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tsp chopped orange zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups cooked lentil beans
- 1 1/4 cups diced cooked beets
- 1/2 cup orange segments, halved
- 3/4 lb diced smoked turkey
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 3 oz watercress
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, sherry vinegar, shallots, orange zest, salt and pepper. Divide into two large mixing bowls and set aside. Toss lentils, beets and orange segments with one bowl of the vinaigrette. Mix smoked turkey, olives and watercress in the remaining bowl. To serve, divide lentil mixture among serving plates. Top each with 1/2 cup of smoked turkey mixture.
Calories from Fat 104 (35%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(40%)Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.