Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro-Lime Pesto
Fresh jalapeños and grated jalapeño cheese bring nice heat to the pork tenderloin.
- 1- 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs minced ginger
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 Tbs minced cilantro
- 1 tsp minced jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated jalapeno cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise almost in half. Lay out flat. Chill. Combine next seven ingredients in food processor; puree. Add olive oil slowly until mixture thickens. Spread half of mixture over tenderloin. Spread grated cheese over pesto. Reform tenderloin and tie to secure. Spread remaining pesto over tenderloin. Chill for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow baking pan and roast until firm, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cover and keep warm. Let rest for 10 minutes, reserving all juices.
- Remove string from tenderloin and cut into eight slices. Arrange on plates. Pour any warm juices over slices. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 137 (52%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.