This visually stunning and aromatic paella is a seafood celebration for your table. Prepackaged saffron rice makes this a quicker version of the classic Spanish seafood dish.
- 1 28oz. can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 6oz. package saffron rice
- 1 10oz. package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 9oz. package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 6 oven-roasted drumsticks (about 1 pound)
- 1 10oz. package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 7 Ounces surimi seafood, crab or lobster flavored, chunk style
- 1 10oz. can whole baby clams, drained
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 cup juice. Chop tomatoes; place in a colander and set aside to drain.
- Combine chicken broth, reserved tomato juice, onion, garlic and oregano in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Add rice; cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, peas, artichoke hearts and clams; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 40 (12%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.