Orzo Mediterranean Style
Warm or cold, this quick orzo dish blends fresh flavors and beautiful colors. Double the recipe for a crowd. Serve as either a main or side dish.
- 2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped, (1 pepper)
- 2 tomatoes, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 oz feta cheese*, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain and set aside.
- Combine orzo and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well and serve at room temperature or chilled.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 81 (26%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.