Mushroom, Edamame, and Salmon Penne
Choose any kind of mushroom you'd like for this pasta dish that features a delicious, creamy white wine sauce.
- 4 cups uncooked penne
- 2.5 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen shelled edamame (fresh soybeans)
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillets, pan-seared and cut into 6 strips
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat one and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and onions and cook, without stirring, for about five minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn ingredients and cook about five minutes more, until other side is same color. Add edamame and stir. Add tomato and sprinkle with flour and salt; stir for three to four minutes to slightly cook the flour. Pour in wine and broth, and then stir to integrate flour into the liquid. Cook until sauce thickens, about five to 10 minutes.
- In a separate skilled, cook salmon in remaining olive oil, for about three minutes on each side.
- Add cooked pasta to other ingredients and gently stir to combine. Cook until thoroughly warm and top with salmon strips to serve.
Calories from Fat 153 (27%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(36%)Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.