Mexican Pork and Bean Soup
Homemade pork and beans make an easy weeknight meal. Serve with a crusty cornbread.
- 2 boneless top loin pork chops, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can Mexican-style chopped tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- In deep saucepan, brown diced pork with onion; stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 26 (14%)
(4%)Total Fat 3g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.