Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix
Decadent and rich, this cup of chocolate comfort has a lovely kick of cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- In batches, pulse mixture in a food processor until smooth and well combined.
- Store in a sealed container in a dry and dark place.
- To make hot chocolate, put 1/3 cup of mixture into a mug and mix with hot water or milk.
- Top with marshmallows and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Calories from Fat 36 (16%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.