These light and airy treats can easily be modified to produce a variety of flavors.
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups ground almonds
- Heat oven to 225°F. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until foamy. Beating constantly, add sugar 2 Tbs at a time, until whites are glossy and stand in stiff peaks.
- Fold in almonds. Drop meringue by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake in 225°F oven until firm, about 1 hour. Turn off oven. Let dry in oven, with door closed, until cool and crisp, at least 1 hour.
Calories from Fat 21 (72%)
(4%)Total Fat 2g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.