Mediterranean Eggplant, Artichoke and Feta Rice Salad
This mouthwatering Mediterranean salad makes picnic perfect.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain white rice, cooled
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 4-ounce package crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler. Brush eggplant slices with oil. Broil 4 inches from heat source 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly browned; cool. Cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces and place in large bowl. Add rice, artichoke hearts, olives and basil. Combine reserved liquid from artichoke hearts and feta cheese. Drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories from Fat 126 (45%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.