Mandarin Chicken Salad with a Sweet-and-Sour Vinaigrette
A savory salad featuring edamame, grilled chicken, mandarins, and a sweet-and-sour dressing to die for!
- Dressing1 Tbs rice vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp tamarind pulp
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Salad1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbs sweet chilli Thai sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/4 cup edamame beans, cooked and shelled
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 2 mandarins
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 Tbs ground peanuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine diced chicken with sweet chilli Thai sauce. Over medium-high heat pour sesame oil into a medium frying pan and sauté chicken until tender; about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, edamame, bell peppers, carrots, snow peas, and mandarins with reserved salad dressing.
- Divide salad between two bowls and top with cilantro, green onions, reserved chicken, ground peanuts, and sesame seeds.
Calories from Fat 94 (33%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.