Mahi-Mahi with Sautéed Bananas
International Fish Cookery
- 1 lb mahi-mahi, swordfish, or other white-fleshed fish fillets
- salt and white pepper
- cornstarch or flour
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs safflower oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Tbs chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
- 1 lime or lemon cut into wedges
- Season fish with salt and pepper and dust lightly with cornstarch. In a large frying pan, sauté fish in 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil until flesh of fish separates when tested with a fork. Transfer to a heated platter and keep warm. Melt remaining butter in pan, add curry and bananas, cook 1 minute. Turn over and add juice concentrate, and cook 1 minute longer. Spoon over the fish and sprinkle with nuts. Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 101 (34%)
(18%)Total Fat 11g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.