Linguine with Eggplant and Olives
A very rich vegetable pasta dish, as quite a bit of oil is needed to fry the eggplant. Use only the freshest ingredients for this simple yet elegant dish.
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, chopped into 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups black olives, whole or sliced
- 3/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook linguine in boiling water for 10 minutes or until done. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch (30cm) non-stick skillet and sauté garlic and onions. Add cubed eggplant and fry for about 10 minutes, until eggplant is soft and turns a dark color. Add oregano, basil and thyme and cook for 1 minute more. Add tomatoes and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add olives and simmer for 5–10 minutes, until the tomatoes cook down a bit. The sauce should be thick. Transfer pasta into the skillet and toss to soak up all the juices in the skillet.
- Place in a warmed serving bowl and top with parsley. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories from Fat 146 (40%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.