Hearty Fresh Mushroom Chili
This healthy and delicious chili is ready in under 30 minutes, and the small portions make it a perfect dinner for two.
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth, reduced-sodium
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) stewed tomatoes, reduced-sodium or no-salt-added
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, 50% less sodium
- 1 can (about 7 ounces) corn kernels, no-salt-added
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook stirring frequently until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder; cook and stir 1 minute. Add chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes. Serve topped with tortilla chips, if desired.
Calories from Fat 179 (29%)
(33%)Total Fat 21g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 92g
(95%)Dietary Fiber 24g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.