Ham & Eggs In Puff Pastry
This elegant-looking dish is surprisingly easy to make. Serve it for a special Sunday breakfast or as a brunch or lunch entrée.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 Tbs prepared mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- Heat oven to 425°F. Reserve 2 Tbsp beaten egg for glazing. Mix remaining beaten eggs, mustard and lemon juice in large bowl. Add spinach; mix well. Add hard-cooked eggs, ham and cheese; mix gently.
- Roll puff pastry on lightly floured surface into 15 x 9-inch rectangle. Brush lightly with some of the reserved beaten egg. Spoon spinach mixture lengthwise down center of pastry. Fold sides of pastry over filling, pinching edges together in center to seal; pinch short ends of pastry to seal.
- Place, seam-side-down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Brush top and sides with remaining beaten egg. Cut 5 diagonal slashes across top of pastry for steam vents.
- Bake in 425°F oven until pastry is golden brown and filling is heated through, about 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices.
Calories from Fat 214 (58%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.