Ham and Asparagus Strata
This savory combination of ham and asparagus is perfect as a hearty brunch or supper dish.
- 12 slices French or Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 8 oz fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place half of the bread in single layer in greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top evenly with layers of half of the cheese, ham, and asparagus. Cover with remaining bread, placing slices flat or in shingled pattern. Repeat cheese, ham, and asparagus layers.
- Beat eggs, milk, lemon juice, and garlic powder in medium bowl until blended. Pour over layers in baking dish.
- Bake in 350°F oven until puffed, golden and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 40–50 minutes.
Calories from Fat 157 (38%)
(27%)Total Fat 17g
(39%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.