Halibut with a Heart (Red Pepper Sauce)
Sweet red bell peppers and tomatoes make a deep red sauce that beautifully accompanies lightly seasoned halibut steaks.
- 6 lbs halibut steaks (can use haddock, grouper or red snapper fillets, fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 Tbs margarine; melted
- Red Pepper Sauce6 Tbs margarine
- 3 cups minced onion
- 6 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 (1 lb) cans of tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper
- Preparing Steaks: Preheat broiler. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper; brush with margarine. Broil an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until fish is firm, turns translucent to opaque.
- Preparing Sauce: In a saucepan, melt margarine, add onions and peppers and cook just until tender, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Place halibut steaks on a serving platter and spoon Red Pepper Sauce over them.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 153 (38%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.