Grilled Swordfish with Summer Salsa
- 4 6 oz swordfish* steaks
- 1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 2 tsp reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Summer Salsa1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 2 Tbs finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper
- Grilled Swordfish:Place fish in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine the next 3 ingredients; mix well and pour over steaks. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, turning once. Meanwhile, prepare Summer Salsa.
- Remove steaks from marinade; set aside. Coat grill rack with vegetable cooking spray. Place steaks on grill 4 to 5 inches from medium hot coals. Grill, brushing with marinade and turning once, just until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, allowing 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- To serve, transfer fish to individual serving plates. Serve with Summer Salsa.
- Summer Salsa:Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive dish. Yield: 1 ¾ cups.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Substitution Tip: You can use halibut, shark, tuna or salmon.
Calories from Fat 111 (37%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.