Grilled Steak Sandwich with Mushroom Spread
Yum…button mushrooms sautéed with butter and thyme. Or grilled chicken breast is an easy substitute in this recipe.
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough or crusty Italian bread
- 8 oz grilled steak (about 12 slices) or boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups trimmed arugula or spinach leaves
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until browned and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt, thyme and pepper.
- Spread each slice of bread with about 2 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture. Top 4 of the slices with steak, onion and arugula, dividing evenly. Cover with the remaining bread slices.
Calories from Fat 95 (33%)
(16%)Total Fat 11g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.