Grilled Lamb and Asparagus Pitas with Tsatsiki Sauce
Tsatsiki sauce is traditionally found alongside a Greek meze or appetizer and adds a tangy sweetness to these quick pitas.
- Tsatsiki Sauce1/2 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Pitas4 pita pockets, cut in half
- 1 1/2 lb lamb, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed.
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, whole
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Tsatsiki SaucePurée all ingredients in a blender until
almost smooth, about 1 minute. Chill
until ready to assemble.
- PitasToss lamb cubes and asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Grill over a preheated grill until asparagus is tender and lamb cubes are cooked to a medium rare. Cut asparagus into 2" pieces. Set aside.
- Lightly grill both sides of the pita breads until heated through yet still soft. Wrap pitas in foil for a few minutes to steam.
- Divide sandwich ingredients evenly among the 8 pita-halves. Drizzle with the Tsatiki sauce and serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 83 (22%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.