Greek-Inspired Spring Omelet
A light and refreshing Mediterranean-style meal made with egg whites and cucumber-yogurt sauce.
- 1/3 cup egg whites (about two eggs)
- 1 Tbs tzatziki (or nonfat plain yogurt)
- 3 asparagus spears
- 1 Tbs feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 cherry tomatoes (red, yellow, or a mix), diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, sauté asparagus until tender, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg whites and tzatziki; stir to combine.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Pour in egg white and allow it to spread over the skillet surface. Cook until egg turns white; about 2 minutes.
- Slide omelette onto a plate and place asparagus, tomatoes, green onions, and feta in the middle third of the omelette. Fold the sides of the omelette over the middle to cover the fillings.
- Serve hot with additional tzatziki. Salt and pepper to taste.
Calories from Fat 26 (20%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.