Greek Couscous Salad
A whole healthy meal in itself. Or make a big batch and eat well for days.
- Dressing2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbs sour cream
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salad2 cups couscous, prepared
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine lemon juice, sour cream, oregano, garlic, and sugar. Blend until smooth. Add olive oil one tablespoon at a time. After each tablespoon of oil is added, blend until combined. Repeat until all ingredients have been used. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine couscous, chickpeas, bell pepper, zucchini, and olives. Gradually add the reserved dressing and stir until well blended. Add feta cheese and stir.
- Put salad in a bowl and place in the fridge for at least one hour so the flavors combine.
- Serve warm or cold, on its own or with flat bread.
Calories from Fat 197 (45%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 49g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.