Gourmet, Healthy 20-Minute Pasta
With the help of frozen veggies and pantry staples, this dish is budget-friendly, time-friendly, and super-nutritious, too.
- 20 oz whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 bag organic frozen spinach
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 16 oz jar pasta sauce
- Dried oregano to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, sauté the onions, garlic, and frozen spinach with 1 Tbsp EVOO in a large saucepan.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside. Once the spinach mixture is heated through, add 2/3 of the fire roasted tomatoes (add more if you want the pasta to be spicier).
- Stir in salt, pepper, oregano into the spinach/tomato mixture, to taste. Heat up your pasta sauce and get ready to assemble your dish! To assemble: Start with a layer of rotini pasta, top with veggie mixture, top with sauce, and finish off with 2 Tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
Calories from Fat 74 (15%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 85g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.