Gingered Rice Shrimp Salad
Ginger adds zesty flavor to this healthy Asian-style salad. It works well as either a side or main dish.
- 3 cups cooked medium-grain rice
- 2 cups frozen peeled, deveined cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup (cut in half) snow peas, blanched
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ½ cup julienned red bell pepper strips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ¾ cup Asian-style dressing
- Combine rice, shrimp, snow peas, green onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil and toss until mixture is evenly coated.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
Calories from Fat 162 (29%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 83g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.