Florentine Ham Casserole
- 2 cups fully-cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 tsp ground oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- Cook frozen spinach according to package directions; drain well. Set aside. In a small saucepan cook mushrooms, onion and garlic in hot butter until tender but not brown. Stir in flour and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into beaten eggs; return all to saucepan. Stir in ground oregano, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes more. Stir in spinach and ham. Turn mixture into a 1-1/2-quart casserole; sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese atop. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 196 (54%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(42%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.