Eggs and Hash Brown Skillet
Serve for a special family breakfast or an easy weeknight supper.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp instant chicken bouillon
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 2 cups frozen western-style hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 6 eggs
- Sauté onion in oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until tender, 3–5 minutes. Add water and bouillon; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add carrots, potatoes, zucchini, and dill; mix well.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes. Press 6 indentations (about 2-inch diameter) into vegetable mixture with back of spoon.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Cook, covered, over medium heat until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 8–10 minutes.
Calories from Fat 53 (33%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.