Easy Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
Try this simple and tasty meal with your choice of breakfast meat and favorite cheese.
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 7-inch whole wheat or flour tortillas
- 4 slices Canadian-style bacon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbs Salsa, or to taste
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on one side of each tortilla. Top each with 2 bacon slices.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Pour in eggs. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon eggs on top of bacon, dividing evenly. Fold tortillas over filling to cover, pressing gently.
- Clean skillet. Coat with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot. Toast quesadillas just until cheese is melted, about 1–2 minutes per side. Cut into wedges; serve with salsa.
Calories from Fat 211 (47%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(43%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.