Crostini with Feta and Pear-Strawberry Salsa
Mediterranean and Latin flavors combine in a pear-fect flavor combination.
- 2 green Anjou pears, diced in 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup mild feta cheese or ricotta salata
- salt to taste
- baguette or French bread cut in 1/4-inch thick slices, brushed with olive oil and toasted
- whole cilantro leaves for garnish
- Toss diced pear with lime juice and let sit a few minutes before adding strawberries, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and olive oil.
- Just prior to serving, crumble feta cheese into salsa. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Spoon salsa onto toasts and arrange on serving platter. Garnish each crostini with a cilantro leaf.
Calories from Fat 62 (23%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.