Cranberry Crusted Rainbow Trout with Warm Orange Vinaigrette
Riesling, dried cranberries, and warm orange vinaigrette give a festive feel to fresh trout.
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup ground ginger
- 2 Tbs granulated garlic
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 Tbs lemon pepper
- 2/3 cup honey
- 14 6 ounces each rainbow trout fillets
- 1 cup off-dry Johannisberg Riesling
- 3 quarts mixed greens
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, toasted
- 28 orange sections
- grated orange zest, for garnish
- Warm Orange Vinaigrette1 cup julienned leeks
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs Johannisberg Riesling
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor. Process until chopped finely; reserve. Heat honey; brush each fillet with about 2 teaspoons honey. Sprinkle each fillet with about 1 tablespoon cranberry mixture; reserve.
- Per order: Pour 1 tablespoon wine over 1 trout fillet. Place skin-side down on lightly oiled sheet pan; bake at 350° F until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss 1 cup salad greens with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Line plate with tossed greens; sprinkle 2 tablespoons walnuts and 2 orange sections over greens. Split fillet; overlap on top of greens. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon vinaigrette on split fillet; garnish with orange zest.
- Warm Orange Vinaigrette Yield: 3 cupsSauté 1 cup julienned leeks in 1 tablespoon oil until soft. Add 1/4 cup sugar and cook until caramelized; deglaze pan with 2 tablespoons Johannisberg Riesling. Stir in 1/4 cup dried cranberries; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup orange juice, 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Whisk in 1 cup olive oil; heat through. Keep warm.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 294 (42%)
(52%)Total Fat 34g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrate 60g
(27%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.