Cozumel Lamb Kabobs
Marinating these kabobs overnight results in tender and flavorful lamb.
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 cup tomato vegetable juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds American lamb boneless leg, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup small boiled onions
- 2 oranges, cut into chunks (with skin)
- 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Remove green stems from fennel bulb. Peel off 6 outer layers. Cut into 1-inch squares; reserve. Finely chop remaining fennel.
- In large non-metal bowl, stir together chopped fennel, juices, onion, cilantro or parsley, fennel seed, salt and pepper. Add lamb cubes, fennel cubes and onions; cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Use a 12-inch bamboo skewer to make kabobs by alternating lamb cubes, orange chunks, fennel squares and onions. Repeat, making all skewers. Broil 4 to 6 inches from source of heat for about 10 to 14 minutes, turning once.
Calories from Fat 58 (23%)
(10%)Total Fat 6g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.