Chicken and Polenta
Pre-made polenta makes this tasty dish a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 14 oz bag sliced sweet peppers, frozen
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1 lb tube prepared polenta
- In a large deep skillet over high heat, warm olive oil. Add the chicken thighs and sauté for 5 minutes; turn and sauté 5 more minutes until very brown.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, peppers, olives, and water. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 18 minutes, until a fork can be inserted into the chicken with ease.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the polenta into1-inch thick rounds. Warm a large, non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place the polenta slices on the skillet or griddle; cook 7 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place the polenta slices on serving dish. Top with chicken; spoon sauce on top.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 128 (33%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.