California Cuisine Pizza
A white sauce made of ricotta and mozzarella replaces traditional tomato sauce in this garlicky chicken pizza creation.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 Tbs garlic oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 16 oz pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 Tbs sun-dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut chicken into1-inch pieces. In large skillet, heat garlic oil. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken juices are clear. Stir in Italian seasoning and remove from heat.
- Combine ricotta and mozzarella; spread on pre-baked pizza crust. Spread spinach over cheese mixture; add the chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake pizza for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into portions and serve. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 209 (39%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.