Bowtie Shrimp Pasta & Red Wine Vinaigrette
Whimsical bowtie pasta tossed with shrimp, capers, and red pepper makes quick and colorful weeknight meal.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 10 oz farfale (bowtie pasta)
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 red pepper, julienne cut
- 2 Tbs capers
- Red Wine Vinaigrette3 to 4 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red pepper, dried, crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook shrimp in a large pot of boiling water until opaque. Remove from water with a skimmer and rinse under cold running water; set aside. Reserve cooking water for cooking pasta, if desired. Cook pasta as directed. Rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly. Combine shrimp and pasta in a large bowl. Add cucumber, green onions, red pepper and capers.
- Red Wine VinaigretteShake or beat vinegar, oregano, garlic, crushed red pepper, olive oil and salt and pepper together until well mixed. Pour dressing over shrimp and pasta; toss to mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Serve cold; with or without greens.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 180 (42%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.