Black Thai Mushroom Salad with Lime-Jalapeño Salsa
Classic Thai flavors of ginger, peanut, and lime infuse and transform the button mushrooms in this fresh-tasting, healthy salad.
- 2 Tbs peanut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs white button mushrooms, quartered (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lime-Jalapeño Salsa3 Tbs chopped fresh jalapeño peppers
- 2 Tbs chopped freshcilantro
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 1/2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- In a large skillet heat oil until hot. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and pale gold, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- Toss salad greens with Lime Jalapeño Salsa. On 6 serving plates, place an equal amount of salad greens and top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
- To make Lime-Jalapeño Salsa, combine jalapeño peppers, cilantro, basil, mint, sugar, soy sauce, lime peel and juice. Whisk in olive oil to combine. Stir in cucumber.
Calories from Fat 123 (72%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.