Big Island Chicken and Noodles
This version of chicken noodle soup uses rice noodles, ginger, and soy sauce.
- 1 whole chicken, about 3 - 3 1/2 pounds, cut into pieces, or any combination of chicken parts
- 8 oz Chinese rice noodles, broken into 2 to 3 inch lengths
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 piece ginger, about 1 inch in size
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- In large bowl, place rice noodle pieces. Cover with warm water and soak for 1 hour, or until softened.
- In soup pot, place chicken stock, ginger and chicken pieces. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, carrot, celery, onions, mushrooms, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Calories from Fat 419 (46%)
(72%)Total Fat 46g
(66%)Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrate 64g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.