Beefy Sweet Potato Hash
This simple one-pot meal is perfect for those nights when you need something quick and delicious.
- 12 oz cooked beef (such as steak, roast or pot roast), cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs reduced-fat or regular dairy sour cream
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion and taco seasoning in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add water. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minute or until crisp-tender and water has almost evaporated, stirring once. Stir in oil; continue cooking, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and hot sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add beef to potato mixture. Continue to cook 5 minutes or until beef is heated through, stirring occasionally, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed to avoid sticking.
- Garnish with cilantro, as desired. Serve with sour cream mixture.
Substitution: 1-1/2 teaspoons each cumin and chili powder may be substituted for taco seasoning.
Calories from Fat 91 (28%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.