Beef & Vegetable Skillet
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cups hot cooked rice, prepared without butter or salt
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4 inch strips. Toss with sesame oil and garlic.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time); stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, add bell pepper, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and water; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Add spinach and green onions; cook until spinach is just wilted. Stir in ketchup, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and beef; heat through. Serve over rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
Calories from Fat 221 (47%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.