Frittatas taste good cold and travel well—perfect for picnic fare or a take-along lunch.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk (or try tomato juice or chicken broth)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves (or herb of your choice)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp butter (or vegetable oil)
- Beat eggs, milk, thyme, salt, and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Heat butter in 6 to 8-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium heat until melted. Pour in egg mixture; cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8–10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, 5–10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 124 (68%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(29%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.