Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
A balsamic marinade adds plenty of tangy flavor to flank steak. Throw on the grill for a quick and tasty dinner.
- 1 1.5 lb beef flank steak
- Salt & pepper
- Balsamic Marinade1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Calories from Fat 114 (61%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.