Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Basil
Tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and wine deliver the flavors of Italy to this quick pasta dish.
- 1 lb extra jumbo (U/12) shrimp
- 1 8 oz package angel hair pasta
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 28 oz cans Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Place pasta in a colander and give it a quick rinse with cold water.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside. Stir tomatoes, wine, parsley and basil into the skillet.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 12 minutes. Add shrimp and continue cooking until the shrimp are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 37 (8%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 63g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.