Fresh Asparagus Scramble with Herbed Cream Cheese & Tomatoes
Similar to an omellete, this scrumptious combination of herbed cream cheese and eggs is perfect for any time of day.
- 1 lb asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 8 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 oz whipped garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Blanch asparagus spears in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside Whisk eggs in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add eggs. Stir until eggs are almost set, about 1 minute. Add cheese in dollops and then add tomatoes.
- Stir until cheese melts and eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes. To serve, cut asparagus spears into 2-3-inch pieces and fold into egg mixture and place on heated plate or oval ovenware. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Calories from Fat 126 (65%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.