BBQ Beef Biscuit Sliders
Buttermilk biscuits and cole slaw give this fun slider a delicious twist.
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 Tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 18 baked low-fat buttermilk biscuits (about 2 to 2-1/2-inch diameter), split
- 3/4 cup crushed corn tortilla chips or homemade tortilla strips
- Slaw1- 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 red pepper, seeds and stem removed, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup green onions, cut in thin,1-inch strips
- 1/3 cup coleslaw dressing
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Combine barbecue sauce and chipotle peppers; reserve 3/4 cup sauce mixture. Brush some of remaining sauce mixture onto all sides of roast.
- Place roast on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill; covered 25 to 35 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting roast with remaining sauce while grilling and turning occasionally.
- To prepare Slaw, combine coleslaw mix, bell pepper, green onions, dressing and cilantro in medium bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Toss with reserved 3/4 cup sauce mixture.
- Evenly divide beef slices, coleslaw and tortillas among biscuits. Close sandwiches.
Cooking Tip: To prepare homemade tortilla strips, preheat oven to 425°F. Cut tortillas in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Place single layer on baking sheet. Spray tortilla strips lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 6 to 8 minutes at 425°F or until lightly brown and crisp.
Calories from Fat 53 (31%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.