Winter BBQ Beef Ribs
Cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cloves, and cinnamon flavor these saucy ribs.
- 4 lbs well-trimmed beef chuck short ribs, cut into 3 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 Tbs cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash ground cloves
- dash pepper
- Place beef short ribs on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil about 20 minutes or until well-browned, turning as needed. Place in Dutch oven.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook in 350°F oven 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Remove ribs. Skim fat from sauce. Serve sauce with ribs.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 208 (43%)
(36%)Total Fat 23g
(47%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.