Wild Rice Salad with Smoked Turkey
The most time-consuming aspect of this recipe is cooking the wild rice. If you are short on time, you can cook the rice a day or two ahead of time.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1/2 lb smoked turkey breast, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbs hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Dressing:1/4 cup orange juice, frozen concentrate, thawed
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan and stir in wild rice. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally. Cook for 1 hour or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place rice, turkey, celery, and cranberries in a bowl and mix together.
- Prepare dressing: combine orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, water, mustard, and Worcester sauce in a bowl; stir well. Pour over rice mixture; toss well. Cover and chill.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts.
Calories from Fat 71 (15%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 84g
(78%)Dietary Fiber 20g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.